- Wake at 5:30 ‐6:00 am every morning.
- Milk your tongue per the instructions provided.
- Drink 4‐6 oz of warm water with a pinch of dry ginger and lemon or lime juice.
- Do your Abhyanga massage and bathe or shower. At the end of your morning shower, give yourself a quick rinse with cold water. This flushes heat from the internal organs.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes to get the blood and the lymph fluid circulating but not stressing the body (ex: walking, yoga, etc.) Try to breathe through your nose as you exercise to keep your nervous system calm.
- Drink a half cup of digestive tea and have your breakfast. Drink two cups of this tea in the morning and two more in the afternoon between meals.
- For lunch please have your largest meal of the day and eat between 12-2. It is best to limit snacking but fruit or seeds can be eaten if necessary.
- Make sure you feel satisfied with what you eat. In order to cleanse the body and mind together, it is important to maintain a feeling of calm.
- After meals, it is best to take a ten‐minute walk outside to aid digestion. This is especially important after lunch and dinner.
- In the afternoon, take 10‐20 minutes for relaxation. This can be lying down or sitting upright. Guided relaxation, meditation or breathing practices can be done.
- You will take 2 tablets of Triphala (herbal bowel tonic) every evening before bed to help with elimination.
- Recapitulation: Take a moment before bed to look at how you spent your day and how you treat the people in your life.
- Turn off any flashing rectangles (T.V., phone, computer, etc.) after 7:30 pm. Do the best with this you can. You are aiming to go to bed at 10 pm.