Kapha food program below:
Combine ingredients in food processor and grind to desired texture.
Kapha pacifying. Can also be somewhat Vata pacifying.
1. Put all ingredients in an electric grinder or spice mill and grind them.
2. Store in airtight container such as a glass jar.
All dry powders mixed and taken as ½ tsp per cup of boiled water
Kapha dosha is heavy, oily, and cold, so you should favor foods that are light, dry, and warm. Foods with pungent, bitter, and astringent tastes are most beneficial for pacifying Kapha. Sweet, sour, and salty tastes should be reduced.
1. Dairy products tend to increase Kapha, so low-fat milk is best. Boiling milk before drinking it makes it easier to digest. Adding turmeric or ginger to milk before boiling reduces its Kapha-increasing qualities.
2. Apples and pears, which are considered lighter fruits, are recommended. Reduce heavier fruits such as bananas, avocados, coconuts, melons, dates, figs, and sour oranges.
3. Honey is a sweetener that is said to pacify Kapha. Other sweeteners increase Kapha and should be reduced.
4. All beans are good for Kapha types except soybeans and tofu.
5. Favor the grains of barley, corn, millet, buckwheat, rye, and oats. Reduce the intake of rice and wheat.
6. Reduce all nuts.
7. All spices except salt are pacifying to Kapha.
8. All vegetables except tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet potatoes, and zucchini are suitable for Kapha types.
9. For non-vegetarians, white chicken meat, turkey, and seafood are acceptable. Reduce the intake of red meats.