Download Vata Food Programs here.
Combine in food processor and pulse until coarsely ground. (May dry roast spices ahead of time. May soak raisins and dates ahead of time if they are particularly dry.)
Is very pacifying to vata, somewhat pacifying for pitta.
1. Put all ingredients in an electric grinder or spice mill and grind them.
2. Store in airtight container such as a glass jar.
Place in 4 cups of boiled water and steep 2-5 minutes.
All dry powders mixed and taken as ½ tsp per cup of water
Vata Balancing diet
Because Vata is drying, cooling, and light, you should favor foods that are oily, warming, and heavy. The best tastes for pacifying or balancing Vata are sweet, sour, and salty. De-emphasize foods that are pungent, bitter, and astringent.
People with Vata aggravated minds who are overweight or those with high cholesterol levels who have been instructed to reduce their intake of fats and oils can use this diet.
1. Rice wheat and oats are the favored grains, prepared with reduced amounts of oil or sweeteners.
2. All sweeteners may be taken in reduced amounts
3. Favor low-fat milk and lassi. Reduce your quantities of cheeses and cream.
4. All oils except for coconut can be used in small quantities. Small amounts of ghee may be taken
5. Green or yellow mung beans and red lentils are preferable. They are usually prepared by mixing one part dried beans with two parts water and boiling to te consistency of soup.
6. Vegetables should be well cooked and are best taken in soups, casseroles, and stews. Almost all vegetables are acceptable, with carrots, zucchini, asparagus, spinach, tomato, and artichoke the most desirable.
7. Favor sweet, ripe fruits in season. Figs, pineapples, grapes, apricots, sweet oranges, papayas, and small amounts of raisins are acceptable.
8. The warmer and sweeter spices are useful, including ginger, cumin, cinnamon, cardamom, fennel, cloves, hing, and anise. Salt, lemon juice, and tamarind are useful in small amounts.
© 2010-16 Rhythm of Healing
850 Siskiyou Blvd. Suite #6 | Ashland, OR